GIS User Policies
Mullins Library has one GIS workstation loaded with Esri’s ArcGIS version 10 software located in the main service area on Level 1. To use this GIS workstation, a reference staff member will log the user onto the computer.
Skills Required / Training Requirements
Before using the GIS workstation, users must be able to operate a PC, use Windows XP operating systems, and have experience using GIS programs. Users may teach themselves ArcGIS using the self-instruction modules available through ESRI's Virtual Campus (usually 20 to 40 hours to complete), or by enrolling in a GIS class offered through an academic department at the University.
Please note that
- Use of the GIS workstation is limited to 2 hours at a time. If no others are waiting, the initial 2-hour time slot may be extended.
- The software on this computer is available for research and instructional use only by current UA students, faculty and staff.
- Non-educational (i.e., commercial) use is prohibited by our academic site license.
- Assistance with GIS is available from the Geosciences Librarian and the GIS graduate assistant, with an appointment; they will not produce customized products for individual users.
The GIS staff is available to:
- evaluate the suitability of GIS as a tool for your project
- help identify, select and access spatial and attribute data
- demonstrate basic features of ArcGIS software
- demonstrate the settings of the GIS workstation (drives, access, file structures, data output options)
GIS Tech Support
Technical support staff will attempt to fix software and hardware problems, diagnose the cause of error messages, assist with compressing, downloading, and managing files, and resolve general computer problems on the GIS workstation. Report a problem to GIS staff at 479-575-2241, GISrefer@uark.edu, or stop by the Reference Desk.