Are you new to GIS? ESRI offers Ten Tips for Learning More about GIS.
ESRI Virtual Campus
The ESRI Virtual Campus offers training in the use of the ESRI GIS software products. Numerous ESRI courses are available to the students and faculty of the University of Arkansas at no cost through the campus participation in the Arkansas Statewide Academic Site License.
Visit the ESRI Virtual Campus to learn about the variety of courses offered (must use on a machine equipped with ArcGIS software):
To register for a course through the Academic Site License, contact the University of Arkansas campus representative:
- John Wilson
- Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies
- 304 JBHT
- University of Arkansas
- Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Tel: (479) 575-6757
- Email: email@example.com
Other Online Tutorials
ArcGIS Desktop version 9.2 Introductory Tutorial
An Introductory tutorial to ArcGIS Desktop version 9.2 with Arkansas examples - created by Stephan Pollard, M.A. Geography (University of Arkansas, 1997) and Ph.D. Environmental Dynamics (University of Arkansas, 2006) and Sohayla Hamon, M.A. Geography (University of Arkansas, 2002).
GeoStor 5.0: Arkansas' Official GeoData Clearinghouse
Learn about using GeoStor with the quick start guide.
Using ArcExplorer as a Data Viewer
This tutorial is designed to assist the new user to view geospatial data retrieved from the Web and to form basic mapping and GIS functions.
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville Coursework
Most GIS-related courses at the University of Arkansas are taught by the GeoSciences Department, and some are offered through other departments on campus:
- GEOS 440V Internship in GIS & Cartography
- GEOS 3543 (ANTH 3543) Geographic Information Systems
- GEOS 4413 (GEOL 4413) Principles of Remote Sensing
- GEOS 4523 Computer mapping
- GEOS 4553 (ANTH 4553) Raster GIS
- GEOS 4563 (ANTH 4563) Vector GIS
- GEOS 4573 Introduction to GRASS Applications in GIS
- GEOS 4593 Introduction to Global Positioning Systems
- GEOS 4653 (ANTH 4653) Advanced Raster GIS
- GEOS 4733/4730 Applications of GPS Geodesy in GeoSciences
- GEOS 4863 (ANTH 4863) Quantitative Foundations for GIS
- GEOS 5423 Remote Sensing of Natural Resources
- ANTH 4633 Archeological Prospecting & Remote Sensing
- ENDY 5023 Digital Remote Sensing
- ENDY 5043 GIS Analysis and Modeling
- BENG 4803 Precision Agriculture
- BENG 5113 Digital Remote Sensing and GIS
- BENG 5903 Water Quality Modeling and Management
- CVEG 5493 Infrastructure Management with GIS & DB
- ISYS 4243 Current Topics in Computer Information (GIS for Business)