Search Alerts for MEDLINE (Ebsco)
My EbscoHost / Search Alerts
Ebsco allows you to set up a personal account. With your personal account, you can save search results, persistent links to searches, saved searches, search alerts, journal alerts and web pages to your personal folder.
To create an account:
- From the Sign In to My EBSCOhost Screen, click the I'm a new user link.
- The Create a New Account Screen displays with Personal Account entered in the Account Type field.
- Fill in the fields on the Create a New Account Screen. When you have completed the fields, click Continue.
- If all the information was accepted, a message appears that provides your user name and password. Click OK. You will be automatically logged in as a personal user. You should note the user name and password you created so you can log in at a future session.
To create search alerts:
- On any search results screen, click the Search History/Alerts link under the search menu.
- Select the search you wish to save as an alert by checking the box and click Save Searches/Alerts. The Saved Search/Alerts Screen appears.
- (If you have not already logged into your personal account, you will be prompted to log in.)
- Enter a Name and Description for the search. (For example, mysearch1)
- In the Save Search As field, select Alert
- Choose the frequency of email alerts (default is once a month).
- Choose the "Articles published within the last..." menu for time period to be covered.
- Choose the "Run Alert for" time period.
- Specify your email address, subject line of email, and format of the message body.
- To save the search, click Save; otherwise, click Cancel. You are returned to the Advanced Search Screen.
You can retrieve your saved searches and alerts and edit and reuse them by logging into "My EbscoHost."