EndNote Web Instructions for Ebsco Primary Search
- Perform a search in the database.
- Select the reference(s) to export, then click the Export button on the right side of the page.
- In a new screen, select Direct Export to EndNote Web and click Save.
- You will be prompted to log in to EndNote Web and the references will import automatically into the Unfiled folder.
- After hitting the Export button for your citation, you'll be taken to a new screen. Select Direct Export to EndNote, ProCite, etc.
- A new window appears prompting you to find, save, or cancel. Save the file to the desktop as an RIS (.ris) file.
- Log in to EndNote. Under the Collect tab, select Import References.
- Click Browse to locate and attach the saved file. Under filter, select the name of the Ebsco database you are using, select the group where you would like the citation to be placed, then hit Import.
- If the item doesn't import using the Ebsco database name, select Refman RIS as the format, then try importing it again.
Want to know more about EndNote Web Citation Manager?