Search Alerts for ERIC (FirstSearch)
FirstSearch does not yet send email alerts. However, in WorldCat and most other FirstSearch databases, you can create saved searches to be re-run or combined with other terms. This is a good method to check for new books on your topic.
- On the top menu bar of any FirstSearch page, click the "My Account" link.
- Register for an account. Your name, email address, and a login and password are required to register.
- Once you have created an account and are logged in, perform a search.
- On the search results screen, click the link to Save Search.
- From that point on, whenever you are in FirstSearch and have logged into your account, you will see a "Previous Searches" tab. Click on the tab to rerun your saved searches, combine them with new terms, or to try the same search in a different FirstSearch database.